IMG 1262

Why give?
Christians give to thank God and to imitate Jesus who gave himself sacrificially for others. We're partners in the gospel and contribute what we can. We give to pay for the cost of ministry we receive and to offer good news free to others. We give because we want to and keep it private so no-one feels obliged. (Contact our treasurer or administrator in confidence.) 
How much?
There are no rules and circumstances vary. Some can only give a little but it means a lot to Jesus. Most of us give a proportion of their regular income. For example if 10 households give 10% that provides an average income for a gospel worker. Others are more able to make a one-off gift from savings, which helps with projects like improving church buildings or housing a worker. 
Through the bank
sort code 08-92-99
account number 65255667
You can make a standing order or online bank transfer, or print a standing order form, to send us, or contact us and we will post one.
There is a card reader on the right inside the church entrance. It's easy to use, ask a staff member if you are unsure.
Cash or cheques

There is a letter box into a safe in the wall on the right inside the church entrance.  Please use the envelopes next to it for cash or for cheques payable to 'St Matthew's PCC.' 
Making a will
Some have also been able to make a lasting difference by naming St Matthew's PCC in their will. Check that it is legally valid and others can find it. Our needs might have changed so it's helpful to give the PCC discretion in how to use it.
How is it spent?
Mostly to pay pastors, preachers, youth or children's workers, who help us share the good news, love others and keep believing. We also spend a little on running groups and events for church family and evangelism, and to keep our buildings safe and welcoming. At least 10% is sent to mission partners elsewhere. We publish an annual report and accounts.
Can I choose a need?
If you would like to give for a specific need or appeal, write that on the envelope or online 'reference.' Please allow us as much flexibility as possible in case we receive too much for one need and not enough for another, and to ease administration. You could label a gift 'mission', 'staff' or 'buildings' for example. If not marked it will be used where most needed. 
What if I pay tax?
St Matthew's can claim back some of the tax you pay at no extra cost to you, if we have a gift aid delcaration from you and if you add your name on any gift. You can download, print and send a Gift Aid declaration or complete the form below. 

Full name (no joint names):
Address line 1:
Address line 2:
Address line 3:

  I would like St Matthew's Church to reclaim tax on all donations I make now and in the future.  I am a UK taxpayer and understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations in that tax year it is my responsibility to pay any difference.  I give permission for my details to be stored on a computer.

If you are unsure whether this applies to you please see  Please let the church know if your name or address change, or if you no longer pay enough tax.  If you pay tax at a higher rate you can claim further relief in your self-assessment tax return.


Planning your Visit